Thursday, February 4, 2010


I found this pattern a few years ago in an old issue of Quilter's Newsletter Magazine. It is entitled "Kaleidoscope" and I thought this would be both an opportunity to use up some scraps and a chance to play with color. This has been a double edged sword for me, because it is very satisfying to use up some scraps, but this also feeds into my need to save every tiny little piece of fabric. I have pieced 25 blocks to date and I was startled today to realize that my baggies of greens, blues, reds, etc. have not diminished at all since I started! I really am starting to believe that they reproduce when my back is turned. This will be a quilt for my younger granddaughter and I think the bright colors will be a good match for her personality. 25 done and only 5 more to go.
One hour a day, One hour a day..................
.

No comments:

Post a Comment