Friday, December 28, 2012

Holiday Time Off

Christmas is over and we are about to start the new year. I am blessed to have this time off for the first time in my career and I am loving it. I am putting together the block for the CQJP 2013 challenge. I have hunted and gathered so much material for crazy quilting and to date that has yielded so few CQ blocks. I am hoping this will get me moving. And, of course, I am still trying to reduce stash.
     I have not abandoned traditional quilting yet. I finished a quilt top today and began the machine quilting on another. No pictures to post today, but hopefully in a few days.
     Along the stash reduction lines, I found a pattern to make rag rugs out of scraps with a crochet hook.  So, off I go cutting 2" strips and rolling them into balls. I'm filling a small gift bag with the fabric strip balls until I am ready to begin crocheting. This should go fast and I hope it will be fun.
     Time to feed the animals. More soon with pics.
     


No comments:

Post a Comment