Saturday, March 16, 2013


All of a sudden it is March 16th and I have not posted!! How the heck did that happen, I wonder? I decided to give that 1600"  jelly roll quilt a shot, but without the jelly roll since my fabric stash is so big.  Instead I looked in the cabinet and picked out some bright pieces, mostly about 1/2 yard and cut 40 2 1/2 strips.  I had so much fun and the quilt top was assembled so quickly and I just love the bright colors. Now I need to add some borders, sandwich it, and quilt it. I think I am going to give it to my youngest as he was highly openly complimentary about it in the social media.
  I have lost track of how many quilt tops I have made now from stash. Yet somehow my stash seems undiminished. I am just not sure how that happens, but I understand that I am not the only one who has had this experience. Is it at all possible that it reproduces while I sleep?
Sooooooo.. .. From here on out I am going to document right here on this little old blog every time I create a quilt top from stash fabric. I think the rule I will use for this is that at least half of the fabric in the quilt top will have to be from the stash. After all, it is to be expected that I will have to purchase some fabric to pull the things together--hee hee.
 Okay--next up will be Eli's quilt. Shhh it is a surprise!
Oh and my CQ quilt blocks
Oh and my doll clothes quilt blocks.
Wow, I had better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment