Friday, April 30, 2010

Machine Quilting Without a Longarm Machine-One Method


A big TA DA! here as I am finally ready to start the actual machine quilting on Alisha's quilt. I will be doing free motion type quilting with my Bernina and I have chosen to do it in sections. A friend of mine taught me this method and I have used it in the past with good results. First I assembled the pieced blocks into four sections.
Secondly, I added the borders to the individual sections. (Side note--if there is a definite top and bottom to the piece, it is best to pin a note to each section.) Now, I am ready to sandwich each of the four sections with the batting and backing. After that, I have a manageable size to work with on a standard sewing machine. Next post: how I join the four quilted pieces together. Oh, and I could certainly use some lessons on photographing my work! I'll take any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment